17 Nov Kale Crisps…yes really!
Kale.. it’s so cool. And so trendy. And so wholesome…and every yogi’s best friend, and in every magazine & newspaper I look at.
The thing is – this ‘better than thou’ ingredient, once made into crisps (chips for my Aussie friends).. is.. no matter WHAT you think of Gwyneth, Victoria Beckham et al.. is.. DELICIOUS!
Even Poppy thinks so!
Despite being a kitten, she loves crisps. She can hear the opening of a packet in the kitchen from down the very bottom of our garden. And came sniffing around & doing her best ‘I’m a starving kitten who needs extra nourishment immediately meaaaoiiiwww’ as soon as these babies come out of the oven.
Trust me on this- you need these in your life.
(NB: best eaten on the day you make them- and don’t over -salt them and don’t forget them in the oven! I’ve done that before- burnt black crispy kale is stinky!)
- Kale- remove the hard stem & chop into 4 x 4cm pieces
- Olive oil approx 1 tsp
- a sprinkle of salt
- you could also add smoked paprika, or other herbs…
- Heat the oven to gas mark 3/4
- Smush the pieces of kale in the olive oil, until its coated.
- Sprinkle with salt.
- Bake in the oven for around 20mins- or until everything is crispy.
- Eat ! Don’t let Poppy know, she’ll steal them from you.