It’s the end of Meat Free Week which got us to thinking about our favourite Meat Free Dishes that have a real hearty Meaty feel to them but are (obviously) Vegan. Over the years we have done lots of experimenting to come up with food that satisfies our taste buds and tummies, so we thought we’d look back & remind you (and us!) of some of our favourites.
1. Tofu ‘Facon‘ – This tasty way to make tofu is our go-to for adding to salads or in a veganised BLT. We sometimes just make it to snack on too!
2 Amazing BBQ’able Bean Burgers– you can buy lots of vegan burgers at the supermarket now, but these still are our favourite. Plus they have the added attraction of all wholesome ingredients (and being super cheap to feed a crowd with!)
3.Lentil Spaghetti Bolognese. This recipe is our go-to Spag-Bol recipe. We’ve won over many friends and relatives (Oh Hey Louise’s Mum & Dad- who had it last night with us!)
4. Chilli Non-Carne Full of beans, this yummy recipe is perfect to make a huge pot of to feed a crowd. Serve with guac or over rice. Or just have a giant bowl full with some crusty bread.
5. Crabless Cakes : This yummy recipe means that no crabs need to be harmed for a delicious savoury seafood snack!
6. Moroccan Meatless Balls: Spicy balls that are made with lentils and have a wonderfully meaty texture and deeply delicious flavour.
7. Vegan Mushroom & Smoked Tofu Bourguinon. This is a great dish to wow a dinner party with. The flavours are deeply delicious and warming.
8. Shepherdess Pie: Make a double batch of the Spaghetti Bolognese sauce & turn it into a Shepherdess Pie! So yummy and comforting.
Do let us know in the comments if you’ve tried any of our favourite dishes & tell us what you thought! Happy Meat Free Week!