How to Build a Mediterranean Lentil Bowl
An easy way to make lentils delicious, with a few key ingredients.
Servings: 2 people
- 250 g Lentils:: either 2 cups cooked or 1 pack pre-cooked
- 2 cloves Garlic OR Shallots, Chives or Spring Onions to taste
- 10 Cherry Tomatoes or Peppers:: Either fresh or roasted.
- 2 Tbsp Herbs :: such as parsley , oregano, thyme, rosemary, basil. Use dried or fresh.
- Chilli:: either fresh or mild powdered
- 50 g rocket OR other greens such ask kale. asparagus, Spinach, Broccoli, Watercress
- 1 tsp Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
- Optional Extras: a dash of wine- white or red. A sprinkle of vegan cheeze.
Slick a pan with oil & soften the Allium. Add the lentils and fresh chilli if using.
Add a tiny bit of water, or wine if you are using.
Cook gently until heated through & add dried herbs if using then add the tomatoes and/or peppers.
If you are using Broccoli or Asparagus, steam it or stir fry it.
Otherwise, mix through the spinach, rocket or watercress. If you're using fresh herbs, add them in here too.
If you want to sprinkle some vegan cheeze over, do so now
Serve with some crusty bread, or just on it's own.
Serving: 125g | Calories: 145kcal | Carbohydrates: 25g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 14mg | Potassium: 316mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 1638IU | Vitamin C: 22mg | Calcium: 59mg | Iron: 1mg