Vegan Vegetable Fritters
Use up the veggies you have hanging around in your fridge and make them into delicious vegetable fritters!
- 450 g Mixed vegetables you can use courgette, peas, leeks,
- 2 Tbs chopped fresh parsley OR thyme, oregano or other herbs
- ½ teaspoon tabasco or other chilli sauce (to taste)
- pinch salt
- scant ½ cup plain flour
- 3 Tbs ground flax seeds mixed with ⅓ cup water.
- 2-3 Tbs rapeseed , olive or sunflowerseed oil.
Grate the vegetables or cut them into small pieces.
In a bowl, combine all the veggies with the herbs & chilli sauce & salt & mix to combine.
Sprinkle the flour over & mix again.
Add the flax seed mix bit by bit and stir very well until a thick batter forms. Add a little extra water, or flour as needed to make the mix cohesive.
Heat the oil in a large frying pan, then dollop in big tablespoon fulls. I like to do 5 or so at a time.
Once a bit of a crust has formed, squish with a spatula & cook a bit longer.
Flip & cook on the other side.
Drain on paper towels & cook the next batch.
Eat while warm.. Squabble over the last one!
Calories: 176kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 62mg | Potassium: 310mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 5873IU | Vitamin C: 14mg | Calcium: 50mg | Iron: 2mg