Vegan Apple & Blackberry Cake
Make the most of Autumn with this cake that is perfect for afternoon teas or even as dessert!
- 85 g granulated sugar (about ⅔ Cup)
- 55 ml sunflower oil (or other neutral oil) (3 Tbsp )
- 55 ml aquafaba (3 Tbsp ) - aquafaba is the juice from a tin of chickpease .See note in main blog post.
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 35 ml oat mylk (or other non dairy milk) (2 Tbsp)
- 10 ml vanilla extract (1 tsp)
- 150 g plain flour (1 cup + 2 Tablespoon)
- 4 g Baking Powder (1 teaspoon)
- 50 g blackberries About ½ cup
- 1 apple cored and finely sliced
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
Preheat your oven to 180c/Gas Mark 5
Grease & line a 20cm/8" cake tin
In a bowl, whisk together the aquafaba, sugar, oil, oat mylk, cinnamon and vanilla until frothy and the sugar is dissolved
Sift in the flour & baking powder and gently fold until fully combined
Pour the batter into the prepared cake tin
Core and slice the apple, and toss it in the lemon juice to prevent it going brown.
Arrange the apple and the berries on top of the cake in a pretty pattern.
Put the cake the oven & bake for around 30 minutes, or until a skewer comes out clean when you poke it.
Serve warm or cold.
Calories: 192kcal | Carbohydrates: 30g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 56mg | Potassium: 55mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 14g | Vitamin A: 35IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 45mg | Iron: 1mg