Spicy Relish Vegan Jackfruit Wrap
Spicy, quick and easy. This delicious jackfruit wrap is "fast" food but with 100% plant based goodness and flavour.
Servings: 2 people
- 2-3 teaspoon Zim’s Tribe Cumin Coriander Chili Oil
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 225 g jackfruit approx 1 tin/can/jar of jackfruit
- 2 fresh tomatoes finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 3-4 tablespoon Zim’s Tribe relish two flavours to choose from
- 1 avocado sliced
- bunch of lettuce ripped up
- Handful fresh herbs such as coriander, parsley or mint
- 2 wraps bought or you can make our vegan roti
‘Pull’ the jackfruit (it not already pulled), so it’s in smaller stringy pieces. Any hard bits just chop up into small pieces.
Place the oil on a medium heat and add the garlic. Fry for a minute.
Add the jackfruit and fry for 3 minutes.
Add the tomatoes and the salt. Fry for a further 3-5 minutes to cook the veg a bit.
Add 1 tablespoon of the relish, and cook for another minute so the jackfruit absorbs the delicious flavour.
Assemble the wrap (depending on how big your wraps are, you can make 2-3). In each wrap put the jackfruit mix down the middle. Layer on lettuce, fresh herbs and avocado. Then dot on the remaining relish across the wrap.
Roll it up and enjoy!
Calories: 440kcal | Carbohydrates: 61g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g | Monounsaturated Fat: 14g | Trans Fat: 1g | Sodium: 1049mg | Potassium: 1359mg | Fiber: 11g | Sugar: 27g | Vitamin A: 1333IU | Vitamin C: 43mg | Calcium: 90mg | Iron: 2mg