Roasted Carrots & Carrot Top Salsa Verde
A yummy vegan side dish of roasted carrots and carrot top salsa verde. The perfect dish for lovely new season summer carrots.
For the Roasted Carrots
- 15 small carrots new summer carrots with their tops attached
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 pinch sea salt
For the Salsa Verde
- 1 small bunch carrot tops about 250g . wash carefully to remove grit
- 1 handful fresh mint about 50g
- 1 Tbsp capers
- 2 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- 100 g pumpkin seeds or use pistachio, pine nuts or cashews
- 4 Tbsp olive oil you might need more to create the salsa.
For the Carrots
Chop the tops off the carrots & set aside
Heat the oven to Gas Mark 7 (220C)
Arrange the carrots on an oven tray & sprinkle over the olive oil & salt (add a little smoked paprika if you feel like it)
Roast for approx 20 minutes until softened and slightly scorched on the pointy ends.
Make the Salsa Verde while the carrots are roasting.