Originally I was going to make this recipe a 'Satay Noodle Bowl' , but actually, once I had made the sauce I thought, nah... the whole point of this recipe is the Super Vegan Satay Sauce. It's easy to make, and can be used to drizzle over a yummy salad or as a stir fry sauce!
The ingredients for this sauce are all easy to get, but I do think the basis of the sauce is important. A really good quality peanut butter is essential, as it's the nuttiness of the peanuts that create the delicious base for the satay flavour. Vanessa's go-to everyday nut butter brand is Biona, who kindly gifted us some of their nut butters to try, and for every day use, as well as for cooking, these yummy nut butters are perfect.
Heads up! This post contains affiliate links, so we'll earn a little commission from qualifying purchases. This keeps us creating vegelicious content 🙂
Biona only use organic nuts, and are always palm oil free (yay!). Added to that, the jars are recyclable or re-usable making this brand a great way to get your nutty fix without hurting the planet! (you can buy their yummy nut butters here:.._) (affiliate link)
But back to my Satay!.. Apart from the nut butter, all it needs is some spices, some soya sauce and a generous amount of fresh ginger to make it utterly delicious!
The recipe below makes enough for 2-3 servings, but I'd be inclined to double or even triple it, then keep what is left over in the fridge, so you can use it for all these yummy ideas:
Yummy Ideas for using my Super Vegan Satay Sauce:
- As a dip for raw veggies (such as carrot sticks)
- As a stir-fry sauce (add a little extra soya sauce for added flavour)
- As a salad dressing
- To marinate tofu or vegan 'chkn' chunks before grilling or BBQing
- To drizzle over a bowl of noodles with lots of veggies (like in the photos!)
- As a sandwich, wrap or burger sauce
Let us know if you come up with any other delicious vegan ways to use the Super Satay Sauce! We love to hear about your recipes too 🙂 !
Super Satay Sauce
- Finely grate the ginger
- Add all the ingredients together in a jar & shake.
- Taste and add more garam masala or lemon juice if needed
- To thin the sauce out further to a pouring consistency, add some more water
- Keeps for up to a week in a clean jar in the fridge.