This Miso & Rosemary White Bean Dip is the perfect mix of umami flavours & dippability!
I love a good dip, especially for BBQ and Picnic season. It needs to be creamy, smooth and full of flavour, ready to snack on with breadsticks & crudites or spread onto a sandwich or even dolloped over a bowl of salad. Even better if its made with pulses like chickpeas or white beans, as this adds another hit of protein, which can help keep you full longer.
The other thing I'm mad for at the moment is miso. That umami rich, deeply savoury japanese condiment. I've been adding it to all kinds of things; stir fries, risotto, salad dressings and, of course, as the classic soup, so I thought, why not add a bit of that deeply savoury magic to a dip?
So I did.
And it's DELICIOUS!
I can think of all kinds of other places where this dip will work, for example as welcome addition to an Asian flavour inspired Buddha bowl, and and anywhere else you might use hummus
(Shhhh... don't tell hummus)
I mean, I do love hummus, but sometimes you want a dip that, well, isn't hummus but still fills the space where hummus would be!
And this Miso and Rosemary white bean dip sure does make it a great replacement.
If you're heading over to any event I'm at any time soon, and I have any thing to do at all with the catering, expect this to be on the menu in one form or other.
Miso, Rosemary & White Bean Dip
- 1 400g tin white beans
- 1 small clove garlic very finely minced
- 2 tsp white miso
- 2-3 sprigs fresh rosemary finely chopped
- ½ juice of a lemon
- Drain the tin of beans and reserve the liquid
- Whizz together all the ingredients in a food processor or blender until smooth. Add a little of the reserved liquid from the tin if you need to make it a bit smoother/wetter
- Taste and add extra lemon, miso or rosemary as you like.
- Serve with breadsticks, crudites or spread on a sandwich.