Vanessa's classic chocolate brownies are legendary. She makes them for all kinds of events, takes them to dinner, or makes them to cheer you up when you're down. So pretty much for any celebration! But I wanted to use fresh raspberries & white chocolate, especially as the raspberry bush in our garden has been bearing the most delicious fruit on it! So Vanessa came up with an utterly decadent & delicious variation, which is this vegan raspberry blondie. I present to you, Raspberry, White Chocolate & Pecan Blondies!!!
What makes a Blondie different to a Brownie I hear you ask?
Well, the difference is that there is no cocoa powder in a vegan blondie. So the mixture is a creamy caramel colour, (blonde!) rather than deep brown like a brownie. As with Vanessa's classic Brownie recipe (You need this recipe in your life: You can find it here!), a vegan raspberry blondie can be adjusted to your own tastes. Love strawberries? Add them instead of the raspberries. Want to chuck in some walnuts? Or leave out the nuts altogether? By all means do so!
The one thing you mustn't skimp on in your vegan raspberry blondie is the amount of ground linseed (flaxseed). This lovely seed binds the blondies instead of eggs, and creates the deep fudgy texture that you really need for a successful blondie.
We discovered that Sainsbury's (in the UK) 'Free From' range has the best vegan white chocolate for cooking (and sneaking into your mouth!) (This isn't an ad! We just REALLY like their white chocolate). If you are not in the UK, you can substitute any other vegan white chocolate (or in fact, any chocolate that is good for cooking like vegan dark chocolate!).
So. Why should you make a delicious vegan raspberry blondie, packed with white chocolate and pecans?! Well, they are sweet & gooey, but rich and tart all at the same time! We were lucky enough to be able to use the fresh berries from my raspberry canes in this recipe. But if it is deepest darkest winter, you can also use the same weight of frozen berries. It won't really make any difference to the flavour, however, they may take a little longer to cook through.
If you love this recipe, you will also love our:
If you liked our yummy squidgy vegan raspberry blondie recipe, please rate and comment below. This really helps others discover and try our yummy food. We also love it if you tag us on Insta and other social networks if you make it - we love seeing your versions!
Raspberry, White Chocolate & Pecan Blondies
- 200 g plain flour (1 ½ cups)
- 1.5 teaspoon baking powder
- 150 g brown sugar / coconut palm sugar (1 ¼ cups)
- 2 teaspoon sea salt
- 110 ml melted coconut oil (100g or ½ cup)
- 5 linseed/flax eggs (5 tablespoon milled linseed/flaxseed mixed with 10 tablespoon water)
- 2 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 150 g vegan white chocolate (chopped) (1 cup) ((available from Sainsburys in the UK))
- 80 g pecans (¾ cup) (chopped)
- 150 g fresh or frozen raspberries (1 ½ cups)
- Preheat oven to 180°C (Gas Mark 4).
- Mix together the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Combine well.
- Add the linseed/flax egg, coconut oil and vanilla essence to the mix. Make sure all ingredients are fully combined.
- Mix in the pecans and white chocolate.
- Add the raspberries. Mix in carefully so they don’t break up too much.
- Transfer the mixture to a lined and greased brownie tin.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a clean skewer emerges.