You're going to love this yummy variation on the classic Banana Bread! Everyone I've trialled it on has said it's my best ever! This yummy vegan Strawberry White Chocolate Banana bread is indulgent and utterly luscious. It also has the bonus of being ridiculously easy to make!
The steps are as simple as, mash the bananas, whisk in the plant milk, oil & sugar. Then gradually add the flour. Last you slice up fresh or frozen strawberries and yummy vegan white chocolate and mix it in thoroughly before baking in the oven!
So Easy. So Yummy.
Take a look at the step by step instructions for the Strawberry Banana Bread below:
👩🍳Easy Step by Step Instructions:
❓FAQ for Strawberry & White Chocolate Banana Bread
You can use either! We used frozen because we had lots left over from freezing during a Summer glut. (Louise grows them in her garden) But use fresh ones in season!
We cut the strawberries into slices so they blend in well with the mixture. Also strawberries tend to be quite large and would form pockets of dampness which wouldn't be as delicious.
Yes, just use the same overall weight (100g) Blueberries or raspberries would be delicious!
We buy ours from Sainsbury's or our local organic store.
Absolutely. Dark chocolate would be delicious. Feel free to use chocolate chips instead of chunks of broken up chocolate too.
You can make this recipe with gluten free flour. We have also tried it's sister recipe (our classic banana bread, which this one is based on) with spelt flour and wholemeal flour. We have not tried with with almond or coconut flour.
Yes! Just cut into slices and freeze. You can warm the slices up under the grill to make them more delicious!
If you love the sound of this Strawberry & Banana Bread, you might like to try some of our other baking recipes..
Such as our classic Easy Vegan Banana Bread
Or our indulgent The Best Vegan Chocolate, Date and Banana Bread
Oh.. and you make this yummy recipe and love it.. please share with all your friends and give us a comment & rating below!
Strawberry & White Chocolate Banana Bread
For accuracy, I measure all ingredients in metric as standard, then convert and test the recipe for American cup measurements etc.
(Heads up Aussie and UK readers- your measurements in cups are sometimes different, so please use metric or check you have the correct cup and spoon type!!)
- 2 medium ripe bananas
- 60 ml vegetable oil ((¼ cup) I use sunflower usually)
- 60 ml plant milk ((¼ cup) )
- 100 g light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 240 g flour ((1.5 cups all purpose flour) You can use any kind of flour. If using self raising, omit the baking powder. )
- 100 g strawberries ((1 cup) )
- 100 g vegan white chocolate ((1 cup) )
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 175C/ Gas Mark 5.
- Line a loaf tin with baking paper or parchment. Leave some over the edges, you will use this to pull the cake out of the tin later.
- Roughly mash the bananas in a large mixing bowl
- Add the sugar, oil, vanilla, and plant milk, and give it a good stir. You want the sugar to start to dissolve.
- Gradually sift in the flour, baking soda, salt and mix.
- You will have a stiff lumpy mixture. That's ok, becuase the strawberries will add moisture as they cook.
- Slice the strawberries and bash the white chocolate into small pieces.
- Save a few of the prettiest strawberry slices to go on top of the cake.
- Mix the strawberries and white chocolate into the batter.
- Transfer the banana cake mix to the lined tin.
- Bake for about 35 mins. Then test the cake with a skewer. If it comes out clean, then the cake is done. If not, put it back in your oven for another 5-10 mins.
- Let the cake cool & use the paper you cleverly left hanging over the edges to remove it from the tin.
- This banana bread will keep for around a week in an airtight container. It also freezes well!