The classic oatmeal cookie is given a festive twist with these vegan Cranberry and White Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies! Craisins (dried cranberries) are a little tart, which pairs beautifully with the soft and crunchy vanilla flavoured cookies and the sweet white chocolate chips!
This recipe is a festive variation on my ever popular Vegan Oatmeal Raisin Cookies and Vegan Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies .
I love making cookies at any time of year, but over Christmas it's even more pleasurable, so making multiple types of cookies to give away or have on hand for a snack is essential. I'll be also making batches of these Lebkuchen Gingerbread Cookies and definitely making these no-bake Vegan Rum Balls for the adults!
- Dried Cranberries (also known as Craisins) I love these better than raisins to be honest! They're tart but sweet and I love their slighty chewy texture. They pair beautifully with white chocolate too!
- White Chocolate - You can choose to use vegan white chocolate chips, or chop up a white bar into chunks. Either way will result in a delicious cookie.
- Oatmeal- You can choose chunkier rolled oats, or finer oats. It doesn't really matter, they'll taste great either way
- Brown Sugar- I like to use a simple soft brown sugar. You can substitute with other sugars if you prefer.
- Plain (all purpose) flour- You can also choose wholemeal, spelt or gluten free flour if you wish!
- Linseed/Flaxseed- this is the egg substitute and helps to bind. Also a great source of Omegas which is useful. Grind your own, or buy pre-milled.
- Cinnamon Powder and Vanilla Essence- make these cookies irresistable. You could make the cookies without the chocolate chips or the craisins, but don't leave out the cinnamon and vanilla!
See recipe card for quantities.
Follow along with these simple steps for the perfect vegan cranberry oatmeal cookie!
- Add water to the linseed/flaxseed and leave to hydrate. This forms a gel which binds the cookies together.
2. Whisk up the brown sugar, oil, vanilla and cinnamon. You want the mixture to be thickened and thoroughly combined.
3. Add the flour and oatmeal, plus the linseed mixture. Mix well to combine.
4. Now add in the dried cranberries and white chocolate chips. Mix well.
Using two spoons or an icecream scoop, scoop out spoonfuls of the cookie dough mixture.
Place onto a lined baking sheet (you will need two) and bake at 180°C / 350°F for 12-15 minutes until cooked.
Hint: If you like chewier cookies, leave the mixture in the fridge for up to half an hour. This creates a softer bake.
🎄Substitutions and Variations
- Gluten Free- Choose GF oats and GF flour to make these cookies gluten free.
- Gingerbread spiced- add Pumpkin Spice mix or a mixture of cinnamon, ground ginger and cloves for a gingerbread version.
Two baking sheets and a big bowl to mix the Cranberry White Chocolate Chip Cookies up in is essential.
Store these Vegan Cranberry Oatmeal Cookies for up to 2 weeks in an airtight container. You can also freeze the mixture and bake from frozen (freeze in individual portions!) or freeze pre-made cookies and reheat.
Don't be tempted to crowd the cookies on the baking tray, or you will end up with one giant cookie. Which to be fair, is actually probably a great idea for another day.
I have tested this recipe with both porridge oats and steel cut oats. It worked out well both times, so just use your favourite!
Vegan Cranberry Oatmeal Cookies with White Chocolate Chips
For accuracy, I measure all ingredients in metric as standard, then convert and test the recipe for American cup measurements etc.
(Heads up Aussie and UK readers- your measurements in cups are sometimes different, so please use metric or check you have the correct cup and spoon type!!)
- 150 g (⅔ cups) brown sugar
- 125 g (1 cups) plain flour (all purpose flour)
- 150 g (1 ½ cups) oats (rolled or steel cut)
- 125 ml (½ cups) vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoon milled linseed (also known as flaxseed)
- 9 tablespoon water (this gets mixed with the milled linseed)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 100 g (¾ cups) dried cranberries
- 50 g (⅓ cups) white chocolate chips (make sure they are vegan! You can add more if you like. )
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- Add the water to the milled flaxseed/linseed and leave it to plump up3 tablespoon milled linseed
- In a large bowl, add the sugar, cinnamon, vanilla, salt and oil and mix well.150 g brown sugar, 125 ml vegetable oil, ½ teaspoon cinnamon, 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Now add in the milled linseed/water mixture and mix well.9 tablespoon water
- Add the flour, salt, baking powder and mix well.125 g plain flour, ¼ teaspoon salt, ½ teaspoon baking powder
- Add in the oats and mix well.150 g oats
- Now add in the fried cranberries and white chocolate chips and mix.100 g dried cranberries, 50 g white chocolate chips
- If you want chewier cookies, put the mixture into the fridge for 15mins-30mins to cool down. If you prefer a crunchier slightly flatter cookie, cook straight away!
- Preheat the oven to 180°C / 350°F / Gas Mark 4.
- Line two baking sheets with baking paper.
- Put out tablespoons of mixture into vaguely round shapes onto the baking sheets. 8 cookies per sheet.
- Bake for between 12-15 minutes (depending on your oven! You might need to swap the sheets around half way).
- Cookies are ready when they are gently brown. Let cool a bit before eating!
Leave a Reply