Calling all chocolate chip cookie lovers! These easy Vegan Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies are here to make your vegan cookie dreams come true! They have the perfect marriage of crunchy outer and soft insides, and have the wholesomeness of oats and the indulgence of yummy chocolate chips.
Best of all? These vegan oatmeal chocolate chip cookies come together in just one bowl! In fact, if you choose to ignore the chilling time (which you totally can, you just end up with a crunchier cookie) they only take 7 minutes to mix and 15 to bake. So you can have the cookies you crave in less than half an hour! (P.S. if you love oatmeal cookies, you're also going to want to try our other cookie fave Vegan Oatmeal Raisin Cookies )
🍪Key Cookie Ingredients
These yummy chocolate chip oatmeal cookies are made with simple ingredients, so you can eat as many as you like (within reason!)
- Chocolate Chips- I chose vegan dark chocolate chips for these cookies. But choose your favourite vegan choc chips. Or chop up your favourite chocolate bar into chunks for a rustic and even chocolatier cookie.
- Oatmeal- You can choose chunkier rolled oats, or finer oats. It doesn't really matter, they'll taste great either way
- Brown Sugar- I like to use a simple soft brown sugar. You can substitute with other sugars if you prefer.
- Plain (all purpose) flour- You can also choose wholemeal, spelt or gluten free flour if you wish!
- Linseed/Flaxseed- this is the egg substitute and helps to bind. Also a great source of Omegas! Grind your own, or buy pre-milled.
- Seeds or nuts. I made these with pumpkin seeds, but they also taste great with chopped nuts or sunflower seeds. Or just add some extra chocolate chips. We won't tell!
👩🍳How To Make Oatmeal Choc Chip Cookies.
Head to the recipe card below for the full low-down on how to make these Chocolate Chip Oatmeal cookies. These handy how-to images will help you prepare the cookies, all in one bowl!
- Mix up the milled flaxseed/linseed with some water and leave to expand- this makes it into a gel that ensures your cookies will stay together.
- In a bowl, add the sugar, oil, cinnamon and vanilla and mix well to combine.
- Then to the bowl, add in the flour, salt and baking powder and mix gently.
- Add in the oats, and mix.
- Now add in the chocolate chips and pumpkin seeds or nuts if you are using them.
- If you want chewier cookies, put in the fridge for 15 minutes to cool.
- Now, using a spoon, plop out spoonfuls of the cookie mix onto a cookie sheet and bake for 15 minutes.
These are the most common questions and our best tips for making these yummy vegan chocolate chip oatmeal cookies. If you have a question, do leave it in the comments below and we can help you out!
I used a simple steel cut oats, however rolled oats, or any of your favourite oats will work. How large they are will affect the texture, but they will still taste great!
Put these cookies into an airtight container and they will stay fresh for up to 14 days or longer.
Absolutely! You could freeze it all in one batch, in which case you will need to use it all once unfrozen. Or freeze in spoonfuls, then pop into a box or freezer bag, and just bake what you need, as you want them. There is nothing nicer than a freshly baked cookie!
Yes! They will freeze well. Just thaw out as needed. Or pop in the oven for a few minutes for that freshly baked taste!
If you want to make these cookies gluten-free, choose gluten-free flour and gluten-free oats.
We know you're going to love love LOVE these vegan chocolate chip oatmeal cookies, so why not check out some of our other favourite baking and cookie recipes!
- Vegan Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
- Vegan Lebkuchen Gingerbread Cookies
- Easy Tahini Choc Chip Cookies
- Vegan Salted Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Cookies
- Nutty Vegan Flapjacks with Dark Chocolate
- Raspberry White Chocolate Cookies
If you love this idea, please share this post with your friends and comment below; this helps others find my yummy recipes!
Love & Vegan Yummies,
Vegan Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
- 150 g brown sugar
- 125 g plain flour (all purpose flour)
- 150 g oats (rolled or steel cut)
- 125 ml vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoon milled linseed (also known as flaxseed)
- 9 tablespoon water (this gets mixed with the milled linseed)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 100 g vegan chocolate chips
- 50 g pumpkin seeds (or nuts or sunflower seeds)
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- Add the water to the milled flaxseed/linseed and leave it to plump up
- In a large bowl, add the sugar, cinnamon, vanilla and oil and mix well.
- Now add in the milled linseed/water mixture and mix well.
- Add the flour, salt, baking powder and mix well.
- Add in the oats and mix well.
- Now add in the chocolate chips, seeds or nuts and mix.
- If you want chewier cookies, put the mixture into the fridge for 15mins-30mins to cool down. If you prefer a crunchier slightly flatter cookie, cook straight away!
- Preheat the oven to 180°C / 350°F / Gas Mark 4.
- Line two baking sheets with baking paper.
- Put out tablespoons of mixture into vaguely round shapes onto the baking sheets. 8 cookies per sheet.
- Bake for between 12-15 minutes (depending on your oven! You might need to swap the sheets around half way).
- Cookies are ready when they are gently brown. Let cool a bit before eating!