These super yummy and easy Tahini Choc Chip Cookies have been made over and over at my house. They're Gluten-Free, Vegan (obviously) and utterly addictive to eat! Best of all? They're low in sugar and high in protein and in calcium too! Yay!
I've made these Tahini Cookies with Doisy and Dam Peanut D&D's which are a bit like M&Ms but vegan - and YUMMIER! (P.R. Gift) and I can tell you, they take these cookies to another level. But don't worry, you can also use regular choc chips, or even smash up your favourite chocolate bar and use shards of that. I've tested them all ways and they are good whichever way you choose. (Buy Doisy and Dam here or on Amazon here).
For the full list of ingredients for the Tahini Choc Chip Cookies, scroll to the recipe below!
- Tahini -Tahini is the key ingredient in these cookies! Made from pure sesame seeds, tahini is delicious in both savoury and sweet dishes, and happens to be a powerhouse of nutrients! It's high in protein, and is a source of calcium, magnesium and iron. Buy it in jars from the supermarket, from your favourite international veggie store or online.
- Chickpea Flour - Also known as gram flour. Naturally gluten free and made from chickpeas, so high in protein and fibre!
- Choc Chips - You can choose to use regular chocolate chips (vegan!) or a candy style sweet such as Doisy & Dam D&D's.
For the full steps for how to make these Tahini Choc Chip Cookies, head to the recipe card below.
- Mix together the tahini, brown sugar, vanilla, baking powder and chickpea flour.
- Slowly add the vegan mylk.
- Stir to make a thick dough.
- Add the choc chips or candy of choice.
- Spoon the mixture into walnut sized balls and place onto a lined baking tray
Tahini is simply ground up sesame seeds. It's high in nutrients and very delicious.
The cookies will last up to a week in an airtight container. Or you can freeze for up to 3 months.
Use your favourite vegan chocolate here. You just need to chop it up into little pieces.
Yes! Totally vegan.
Yes! We use chickpea flour in these cookies which makes them gluten free.
If you choose a chocolate chip that is nut free, and tahini that is made in a nut free factory, yes these coookies are nut free. Be sure to check the labels on the ingredients.
If you love the idea of the Tahini Choc Chip Cookies, here are some other recipe ideas you might also love too!
- Vegan Salted Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Cookies (Gluten Free!)
- Nutty Vegan Flapjacks with Dark Chocolate
- Vegan Tahini Buckwheat Pancakes with White Chocolate Sauce
- Vegan Cinnamon and Macadamia Biscuits with White Chocolate Drizzle
If you make our yummy vegan Tahini Choc Chip Cookies, please let us know what you think in the comments.. and be sure to share them around too!
Tahini Choc Chip Cookies
- Preheat the oven to 190°C / 375°F / Gas Mark 5
- Mix together the chickpea flour, baking powder, vanilla and brown sugar
- Add the tahini and mix
- Add the plant milk and mix until you have a thick batter
- Add the chocolate chips
- Use two spoons to scoop out large walnut sized bits of cookie dough and put onto a lined baking sheet
- Bake for 12-15 minutes (until golden and slightly browned on the edges). Cooking time depends on how hot your oven runs!
- Allow to cool a little then eat!!