Louise and I have been talking a lot about how much we love our vegan festive side dishes! They are what 'orbit' the amazing centrepieces and are the trimmings that make the meals around Christmas, the holidays and thanksgiving so special. We also LOVE recreating traditional dishes we had in the past and 'veganising' them, so we couldn't resist getting a vegan sausage festive side dish in! So here are our super simple Mustard Glazed Christmas Cocktail Sausages which are sticky, sweet and delicious!
If you love vegan Christmas food as much as we do, and really want to indulge, we recently announced that we have published a beautiful recipe book (our first one!) called Festive Feasts! It's full of the most delicious festive vegan foods from centrepieces, vegan festive sides, fun canapes, and indulgent desserts! Our labour of love is available to buy as an ebook or as paperback (affiliate link). A perfect gift for yourself or loved ones, which will see you through many years of delicious vegan Christmas days!
What makes these Sausages so good as a vegan festive side?
Sausages are a classic holiday, Thanksgiving and Christmas food; either as a side dish, a trimming, party food or a vegan canape. You know what we're all about here at The Vegan Larder - Never Missing Out because you're vegan!! In fact, we actively encourage indulgence and eating the most incredible flavourful food.
These sausages are so basic in their ingredients, and have a delicious sticky glaze! We used:
- Vegan / plant based sausages: there are so many brands you can choose from for your vegan Christmas side! You can use mainstream brands like Linda McCartney's Cocktail Sausages or Waitrose Vegan Cocktail Sausages. Or you may be lucky enough to have vegan butchers, or smaller businesses near you which make vegan cocktail sausages!
- Brown sugar: you only need a little for this, just to give it that stickiness! You can use any brown sugar, and if you're doing a slightly healthier version, I love using coconut palm sugar (but sugar is still sugar!)
- Wholegrain mustard: sausages and mustard are a match made in heaven. Wholegrain mustard also has a great texture, as you have the mustard seeds still whole. It gives that kick to your vegan Christmas side, which contrasts beautifully with the sugar
- Bit of olive oil: just to stop it sticking to the tray and to add to the sticky glaze on your vegan sausage!
So literally just 4 ingredients for this vegan festive side!
What else can I make to go with these amazing vegan glazed sausages?
We have so many incredible vegan Christmas, Thanksgiving and holiday recipes! I really think you'd love the ones below, which will make up the most impressive and delicious vegan Christmas dinner, with all those fun leftovers!
Our Chestnut, Mushroom & Squash Christmas Filo Wreath Pie
Christmas Tempeh 'Sausage Stuffing Balls - another incredible vegan sausage dish!
Mustard Roasted Parsnips and Chestnuts - a favourite vegan festive side of ours!
If you liked our Vegan Mustard Glazed Cocktail Sausages recipe, please rate and comment below. This really helps others discover and try our yummy food. Thank you 🙂
Love Vanessa x
Mustard Glazed Cocktail Sausages
- Baking dish
For accuracy, I measure all ingredients in metric as standard, then convert and test the recipe for American cup measurements etc.
(Heads up Aussie and UK readers- your measurements in cups are sometimes different, so please use metric or check you have the correct cup and spoon type!!)
- 1 packet vegan cocktail sausages
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar (or coconut palm sugar)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon wholegrain mustard
- Pre-heat oven to 200°C / 400°F / Gas Mark 6.
- Put all ingredients in a baking tray and make sure the sausages are fully covered with sugar, oil and mustard.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until the sausages have browned on the edges. Cook for longer if desired.
Leave a Reply