Easy to make and even easier to eat, these Oven Baked Parsnip and Carrot fries are a yummy way to eat up lots of root vegetables (and a sneaky way to add more colour and nutrients into your diet!)
The method to make these root vegetable fries really could not be easier. Simply peel and cut your veggies into fries.
Then season, glisten wtih a little olive oil and pop in the oven.
Roast for 15 minutes. Turn. And roast for another 10 mins or so, or until crispy on the outside! See below for an easy step by step tutorial.
👩🍳Easy step by step instructions:
I like to make these oven baked fries with both carrots and parsnips, but you could just use one or the other. A standard oven-try full serves two people generously, so don't be afraid to make more for more hungry mouths!
❓FAQ for Oven Baked Parsnip Fries.
What seasonings can you use with these fries?
I love smoked paprika. But just salt and pepper is nice. Rosemary or thyme added at the end of the cooking, about 5 mins before serving is also delicious.
Swede, celeriac and beetroot all lend themselves to the oven fries treatment! You can also just use the humble potato!
Now you have made your delicious oven fries, what are you going to serve them with?
I like to make garlic aioli/mayonaisse to dip them in- like this recipe here.
They also taste delicious served up alongside some vegan chilli.
Parsnip and Carrot Oven Fries
- Wash and peel the parsnips and carrots
- Cut into fry shaped batons
- Lay out in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Sprinkle over oil, salt and seasonings such as smoked paprika
- use your hands or a spatula to ensure all the fries are evenly coated in oil and seasoning.
- Put into a 200C/Gas Mark 6 oven for 20 mins
- Remove from oven and flip around, so all sides of fries are cooked. Return to oven for another 10 mins.
- Fries are ready when they are crispy on the outside. Be sure not to burn them- how long they take to cook, depends on how big you have cut them!.