This delicious smokey, spicy Sun Dried Tomato Hummus is super easy to make and even easier to eat!
We love hummus! This isn't exactly old news. We love making it, we love eating it, we love discovering new ways to make it and things to put it on. I also love new flavours of hummus, which purists will pooh pooh. Well, I say pooh to them, flavoured hummus can be amazing.
Once you try this yummy Sun Dried Tomato version, you'll love flavoured hummus too.
Even better, is how simple the ingredients are:
Sundried Tomatoes OR Sun Dried Tomato paste.
A little smoked paprika...
And a blender.
*You'll notice there is no oil in this hummus. I never add oil to my hummus as it makes it too dense and claggy. Instead, I drizzle Extra Virgin Olive Oil over the top.
One of the nicest things about making hummus, is that all you need to do is blend all the ingredients up until smooth.
If it's a bit claggy, add some warm water. (don't add oil!)
Then top the hummus with Extra Virgin Olive oil, herbs, and some oven-dried cherry tomatoes if you would like to.
I like to serve the hummus topped with oven roasted tomatoes, basil leaves and olive oil. Some extra whole chickpeas and toasted pine nuts are also delicious!
Try these other recipes to eat alongside the Sun Dried Tomato Hummus for a delicious Mezze style meal! Be sure to provide lots of bread or crudites for dipping!
Pesto & Cannellini Bean Hummus
Spicy Vegan Macadamia Muhamarra Canapes with Veggie Sheets.
Easy Vegan Cashew Cream Cheese
And of course head over to check out our whole selection of Vegan Canapes if you're having a party!
Spicy, Smokey, Sundried Tomato Hummus
For accuracy, I measure all ingredients in metric as standard, then convert and test the recipe for American cup measurements etc.
(Heads up Aussie and UK readers- your measurements in cups are sometimes different, so please use metric or check you have the correct cup and spoon type!!)
- 6 halves Sun Dried tomatoes (soaked in warm water, OR 2 teaspoons sun dried tomato paste)
- 240 g (1½ cups) cooked chickpeas (equivalent of 1 drained tin/can)
- 3 tablespoon tahini
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon chilli powder (optional if you like a bit of heat)
- 1 clove garlic chopped (less if you like it not too garlicky, or 2 if you want it more garlicky)
- ½ 1 lemon, juice of (you might need more than half depending on the lemon size)
- salt to taste
- olive oil for drizzling later (optional)
- Soak the tomatoes for half an hour, reserve the water
- Whizz all the ingredients in a food processor or blender until smooth.
- Taste and add more lemon juice / salt / smoked paprika
- If it's a bit dry, add a little of the reserved soaking water from the tomatoes.
- Serve with a drizzle of olive oil & a sprinkle of smoked paprika over.
Amy Katz from Veggies Save The Day says
Your hummus looks delicious! Smoked paprika is a wonderful ingredient.
Thank you Amy! I do love it. x