There's nothing better than an easy sauce or dressing you can whip up in minutes! Add to that something fresh, healthy, made from wholefoods and has absolutely heavenly flavours! This lemon herb tahini sauce or dressing fits the bill in every way. There are so many ways of using it from a dip, a dressing, a sauce for grains or a spread for your sandwich!
What's this lemon herb tahini sauce made from? Luckily this flavourful sauce has very simple ingredients, and is made totally from whole foods:
- Fresh herbs - you can use any. I love using a mix of coriander, parsley, dill and chives. You can use any or all of them!
- Garlic - I used raw but roasted is also delicious.
- Salt & pepper - to taste.
- Juice and zest of lemon - for that fresh taste and zingyness!
- Tahini - this is ground sesame seeds, made into a smooth paste. You can buy it in any superstore/supermarket, healthfood shops or online. It's a key ingredient in hummus and other salad dressings. Tahini is made from good fats, and is a great replacement for olive oil (or any oils) in dressings and sauces.
- Plain vegan yoghurt - a healthy ingredient for creating creamy sauces and dressings.
👩🏾🍳How to instructions
The best part about this lemon herb tahini dressing? It has minimal prep time and is super quick to make. You essentially:
- Whiz up the ingredients in a blender or food processor.
- You could add some extra water if you wanted a runnier sauce.
- Serve up the sauce as a dressing, dip or topping for any meal (more serving ideas below).
Yes. Everything in the sauce is gluten-free.
Store the lemon herb tahini sauce in an airtight jar or a tupperware. It will last for about a week in the fridge.
Yes, that's what's wonderful about this recipe. You can use whatever fresh herbs you can find. You could just use one such as coriander, or use a mix of many such as chives, dill, coriander and parsley.
🍽️How to serve the tahini sauce
This sauce is really versatile. My favourite ways of using it are:
- As a dip - for crackers, vegetables, bread sticks... Our Superseed Crackers are perfect for this.
- As a salad dressing - this is the most obvious way to use it, and it takes your salad to a whole new level!
- With falafel - it's a great sauce for falafel to add extra moisture and flavour. Our falafel recipe tastes banging with this lemon herb tahini sauce.
🥗Other dressings and salads
If you love my lemon herb tahini dressing, especially if you love it on salad, then you'll love these other dressing and salad recipes:
- Quinoa Super Salad with Lemon Tahini Dressing
- Vegan Caesar Salad with Crunchy Chickpea Croutons
- Creamy & Tangy Vegan Celeriac Remoulade
- Easy Japanese Gomae Style Sesame Dressing with Winter Salad
- Malfouf Salad (Lebanese Cabbage Salad)
Easy Lemon Herb Tahini Sauce
- Put all ingredients in a blender and whizz until mostly smooth.
- Add to your favourite salad, use as a dip or top any meal to give it more flavour (see main post for more serving ideas).