We love a good dip at the Vegan Larder. Especially ones made with beans that are full of flavour and tang! Which is why this easy vegan Black Bean Dip made with spicy smokey chipotle is an easy favourite!
🌶 Only 4 Ingredients
This dip is only 4 ingredients too, and also has no oil! Triple yay! All it contains is black beans, semi-dried tomatoes, chipotle paste & some lime juice. Couldn't be easier!
- Black Beans: Black beans from a tin are perfect for this dip! Just keep a little of their liquid aside to loosen up the dip.
- Chipotle Paste: I buy this smokey spicy chilli paste at the supermarket. You can also find chipotle chillis in a tin,which also taste great.
- Lime Juice: Fresh for an added tang and to balance the flavour.
- Semi Dried Tomatoes: Sweet and tangy, these really round out the flavour of this dip!
Why do we like dips with beans? Well, any kind of dip is good, but one with loads of beany goodness are even better. Beans and pulses are full of protein & fibre and when whizzed up into a dip, they make a great snack or addition to all kinds of meals. Think how good hummus is with crackers or bread, or how yummy a creamy white bean dip is for eating with crudites. (like this one!)
👩🍳How To Make
This gorgeous smokey vegan black bean dip is so super quick and easy to make! I created it 'live' on Facebook and it took me less than 4 minutes
- All you need to do is drain your beans, leaving the liquid aside.
- Add all the ingredients into the blender..
- Then blend blend blend! Taste for the flavour profile and add a little salt or more liquid as needed.
I just used black beans from a tin. If you have some that you have cooked yourself you can also use those instead.
1 teaspoon of smoked paprika and some fresh or jarred chilli to your taste is a good substitute.
Fresh lime juice tastes best, but you can also use the stuff that comes in a squeezy bottle!
This dip will store in the fridge for up to 7 days.
Yes you can freeze the dip, it might need to be whizzed up again in the blender for the best texture.
🥗How to serve:
This dip goes great with corn chips, or with a taco or on some nachos... or why not try serving it with these ideas:
- Easy Vegan Chickpea Flour Flatbreads.
- Super Seed Crackers!
- Spicy Relish Vegan Jackfruit Wrap
- Beautiful Beetroot Hummus Dip
- Avocado and Olive Dip
Smoky Chipotle Black Bean Dip
For accuracy, I measure all ingredients in metric as standard, then convert and test the recipe for American cup measurements etc.
(Heads up Aussie and UK readers- your measurements in cups are sometimes different, so please use metric or check you have the correct cup and spoon type!!)
- 400 g (15 oz) tin/can black beans
- 4-5 semi dried tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon chipotle paste
- ½ a lime (juiced)
- Drain the black beans, reserving their liquid.400 g tin/can black beans
- In a blender add all the ingredients except the lime juice. Add some of the reserved black bean liquid to help it become a smooth dip texture.4-5 semi dried tomatoes, 1 teaspoon chipotle paste
- Taste and add a squeeze or more of lime and salt if needed to taste.½ a lime
We love a good dip for our appetizers! The chipotle and black beans gives off a tasty flavor with chips and veggies!
Sara Welch says
Enjoyed this for an afternoon snack and it did not disappoint! Turned out perfectly flavorful and delicious; even my picky eaters loved it!
This is a delicious black bean dip! I will be making it again for our Cinco de Mayo party. Thanks for sharing!
I love the little bit of kick this dip has! So good!